Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wait? 2 posts in one day? Are you feeling okay?

I'm feeling fine but Jason's not.
Story:
I was at work today and it was going just like a regular day at work when I get a phone call. When I say I got a phone call, I mean the operator went over the walkie talkie and said "Lauren you have a phone call on 33."
Thinking it was just a coworker that was off or guest that got my name, I answer the phone "This is Lauren, Can I help you find something?" To my surprise, it's Jason. He never calls me at work. He would just texted me if he needed to tell me something. So he says to me "Hi Lauren. It's Jason. Are you able to get out of work for a little bit?" I ask "Why?" obviously. (I don't exactly have a job where I can just say "Hey I need to leave for a littlte bit.") He says "I've been in an accident and I need you to take me to get my shoulder checked out." (and since it was while he was on his job, they require a drug test, too.) So I put him on hold and call my boss and ask her quickly. She says that it is ok and I get back on to let him know I'm leaving in about 5 minutes.

So I leave and go to where Jason is at. (side note: Jason is a Frito Lay vendor. He goes to 4 different stores here in town and delivers and stocks Frito Lay chips. He drives one of the bigger Frito delivery trucks and that is what he was driving at the time of the accident.) Some lady had ran a red light and slammed right into him on the passenger side right up by the tire, bending the fender at a complete 90 degree angle, bending the wheel well and after hitting the truck so hard, her car's backside spun around and hit the side of his truck. He didn't even see the car coming. Luckily, he had 2 eyewitnesses that vouched for him that he had the green light and she clearly ran the red light without even slowing down (she was probably going 30 or so). Also luckily, he was wearing his seat belt.

To the point where he got hurt: He messed up his right shoulder in the accident. He had his hands on the wheel (obviously) and with the impact his arm tensed and his shoulder took the impact of it. I knew exactly what he meant since I have had a similar shoulder injury. They took x-rays and didn't see anything wrong, so that's good, also. Now, per doctor's orders, he can't lift, push or pull over 10 lbs or reach higher than his shoulders. That's basically his whole job! He has to go to physical therapy for a week, at least. Hopefully, just taking it easy, his shoulder will start to feel better.

Sorry that this was such a long post. I just wanted to document it more for myself.

4 comments:

Megan said...

that is scary! I'm glad he's okay and he had his big truck to protect him so there wasn't more damage. was the lady hurt at all? we'll keep you guys in our prayers that Jason can recover quickly!

Ryan and LeDawn said...

that is no fun! hope he recovers quickly!

Frozen Chosen said...

Hope he heals quickly. Lat us know if you need anything!

mad white woman said...

Car accidents scare me.

That picture of you in your header is cute.

Good to see you posting again!