Saturday, October 18, 2008

Vacation!!!!

Well, Jason had his last vacation of the year Sept. 27-Oct. 6 so since I still had some vacation time and wasn't going to take it on my own I took the 1st thru the 6th off work. Our original plan was to go to Chicago and see my parents but that didn't work out. (Sorry Mom and Dad! I hope I still get to see you at Thanksgiving.) So instead I used my time to do things I haven't had time to do since getting married and working Monday-Friday. I got my new SS card with my name change on it like 3 months ago but haven't changed my name on ANYTHING else. So I was able to get my new driver's license, change my name at work, and change all my credit cards over to my married name, FINALLY. Jason was amazed how much work it was to have to change my name on everything. It really wasn't so hard, it was just finding the time since I work during the week and that's when everything is opened. So Yea! It was kind of depressing though at the same time. My mom told me that I'm still a Patterson even though I changed my name :(

Anyway, since we weren't going to Chicago I wanted to still get out of Fargo. We decided to drive down to Minneapolis and go shopping at the Mall of America. I wanted to go to a REAL mall. Not the little wanna-be mall that Fargo has. (It's sad really. The mall here is a nice mall there's just nothing I would really buy in the stores. We walk through the mall and say "Do you want to go in there?" "No" "Do you want to go in here?" "No") My goal for going to the Mall of America was to find a white hoodie. I have this thing with matching in my outfits and I just didn't have a white jacket to match. And Jason said if I found one he would buy it for my birthday. And yes the trip was a success. I found a hoodie and a new shirt. It was fun to go to the Mall and see things that we would actually buy if we had the money to buy it. And we were able to eat at Chipotle and get Cinnabon! (Neither of which we have in Fargo.) We spent a good deal of time checking out Ikea and seeing some awesome furniture that we are going to save up for, also!

We stopped at a rest stop and I wanted to take a picture of the fall leaves. That's one thing I do like to see is the leaves here change since I never had that in Arizona. I could do without the cold that comes with it but oh well.

I don't know if any of you have seen this SMART Car but I'm in love with it. If we move back to AZ I totally want one for around town driving. I am just taller than it is and Jason can almost touch it end to end. It's so cute! It was a really nice car actually seeing it up close.

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

I want to go to the Mall of America. I told Mike that if we ever go up to see you I'm going there. He just rolled his eyes and called me crazy.
Mike has this thing about going to all 50 states before he dies.