Saturday, October 18, 2008

Glasses :(

I used to have glasses back in the eighth grade which even then I never wore and then I got colored contacts which again I hardly wore. (sorry to waste your money, Mom!) And the reason I hardly wore either one is I can still see without the help of them. I only have one bad eye and back in the day my right eye was 20/20 so it was actually seeing for both eyes. Well, I finally broke down and went to the eye doctor the last day of my vacation since again I work during the week and don't feel like going after work to the doctor's and I hate doctors. But since I am paying to have insurance I figure I should use it.


Jason came with me and the eye doctor did the whole eye exam. She said everything was good except that my right eye is a plus and the left a negative which means that the right is over-compensating for the left and isn't 20/20 anymore. It's such a slight prescription though that she said if I didn't want it that it would be ok. She also said that my left eye is so bad that it wouldn't pass a driving test eye exam (which last year when we moved up here and got our licenses I almost didn't but did because of my right eye). She gave me a trial contact for the left eye and I ordered some glasses, and then a few days later I got the trial for the right. I just got my glasses today. Jason says I look like Tina Fey with them on. I don't see it.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Super cute!

mad white woman said...

I'm not sure who Tina Fey is, but I think they look cute on you.

And about the name change... yeah, I had issues too. My maiden name is awesome. Just the other day I ran into a friend from Cali and when I told him my last name he said, "Man, that's a step down." Ha ha. Oh well, I just tell myself it won't matter in Heaven!

Rhiannon said...

Yeah I can see the resemblence.
They are cute.

Kim said...

very cute! Not that you didn't look smart before, but something about wearing glasses makes one look intellectual.