Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mine, Mine, Mine! not Mike Mike Mike!

I already thought of another conversation that I had with B. To set it up a little bit, she doesn't watch very many movies. Even old movies. She can't sit still enough to watch them, she says, because she feels she has too much other things she needs to do. (By the way she only has 1 child and he is 22 or 23 and does not live at home so it's just her and her husband.)

Anyway, a couple of other co-workers and I are always quoting movies and one we sometimes quote is Finding Nemo. A one of my friends/co-workers even has as her text message tone it says "Shark Bate Oooh-ha-ha" and then there's a guy at work named Bruce and some other girls are always saying to him "Fish are friends, not food."

Since B had never seen Finding Nemo I decided to bring it in on a Friday so she would have the weekend to watch it. Monday morning comes and she gives it back to me and says she really liked it. Here's where the conversation comes in.

The next day she comes in and tells me the previous day she was talking to K and she said "Mike Mike Mike!" and K looks at her with a funny look on her face and said "What are you talking about?"

B says "You know. From Finding Nemo! The part with the seagulls!"

K realizing what B was talking about corrects her and says "B they aren't saying Mike Mike Mike! they are saying Mine Mine Mine!"

B says "Oh my gosh that makes so much more sense!" (I of course am laughing at her)

B then says she went home that night and told her husband "You that part in the movie with the seagulls, do you know what they were saying?" He says "Yeah they were saying Mine Mine Mine!"

B says "I can't believe you knew that! I thought that they were saying Mike Mike Mike!" She said that her husband just rolled his eyes and couldn't believe she thought that.

Ok. This one was funny to me. It may not be to you but whatever.

To Be Continued...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Totally something I would say!